Tuesday 26 May 2015

Dave Gorman Moment Of The Day

I had a Dave Gorman moment when I was at my local supermarket today.  I got everything that I wanted, the corn on the cob, three packets, a brown loaf, a split tin loaf, a pasta salad and four one litre cartons of milk.  Then I made my way to the checkouts.  There were a lot open but they were also busy.  So I counted up how many items I had.  Ten items.  I counted them again to make sure.  Ten items.  Great, I can use the express checkout, ten items or less.  So I headed straight there, only to be stuck behind a woman who was loading what must have been 20 to 30 items on to the conveyor belt and the cashier had not noticed.  Bloody great.  There is a big notice above both express checkouts and two smaller notices to the side of the checkout.  And each divider, which this woman had to use to separate her shopping from the person in front, states that it is an express checkout, 10 items or less.  You would have to illiterate not to get the clues.  They do everything but put flashing lights around them.  And you know that even then some people would still be oblivious to them.  I despair of some people, I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment